With mask orders lifting around the country, many employers are left wondering what to do in their own workplace. In most communities, employers have several options, including the following:
- Remove all masking requirements in your workplace or place of business
- Require all employees and visitors to wear masks at all times
- Allow fully vaccinated employees and visitors to be maskless, but require unvaccinated employees and visitors to wear masks
- Allow employees and visitors to report their vaccination status using the honor system
- Require employees and visitors to provide proof of vaccination status, cautioning them to provide only vaccination documentation, not other medical information
After making such decisions, employers should communicate expectations clearly to all staff and visitors. Employers should also be mindful of treating all employees fairly and with kindness and respect regardless of their masking decisions or vaccination status.
Lake Effect is here to answer your questions about preventive measures, vaccinations, and safely reopening your workplace. We continue to monitor important legal and HR developments, as well as COVID-related updates from federal, state, and local authorities. Please watch our blogs and emails for these important updates, as well as discussions of how compliance meets culture. To dive into these issues, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-333-5253.