As we turn the calendar page to January 2019, it's the perfect time to review your company's HR policies and practices to make sure this year is an even better one for your employees and your organization as a whole. Lake Effect HR Advisors and Employment Lawyers are here to support and advise your team and you throughout the year!
Here are our recommended HR Resolutions for 2019:
- Annual Employee Handbook Update – Make those changes you have been mulling over for the past few years. While you are at it, have an HR and legal review to:
- ensure compliance with all states in which you now have employees;
- incorporate current trends that fit your organization;
- bring new life to your handbook so that it reflects your organizational culture, voice, mission and strategic vision.
- Anti-Harassment & Respectful Workplace Training - Review your anti-harassment policy and procedures and educate your team on the updated policy, including reporting procedures, possible outcomes, the pitfalls of retaliation, acceptable workplace conduct, appreciation, and respect.
- Personal Professional Development - Develop a coaching & development process that supports your culture, mission, vision and organizational goals. This investment benefits the employee, the team and the entire organization in the short and long term.
- Group Professional Development - Develop a training curriculum that strengthens your team’s people skills; develops their management skills; and reflects your policies, procedures and expectations.
- Employee Engagement – Strengthen communication in your workplace using myEverything DiSC to create a common language your team members can use to understand one-another's motivators, priorities and reactions to conflict in the workplace.
For more information or to set up an appointment, contact us today.